Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sausage Potato Soup

The other day I pulled out my Taste of Home Winning Recipes cookbook. It's one of those big binder cookbooks. My husband gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago. I love it. I ran across several soup recipes that I plan on making, and one that I did make.

Sausage Potato Soup

1/2 lb. smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, diced
6 med. potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups frozen corn
1-1/2 c. chicken broth
1 celery rib, sliced
1/4 c. sliced carrot
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1-1/2 c. milk
2/3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. minced fresh parsley

In a large saucepan, brown sausage over medium heat; drain. Set sausage aside. In same pan, combine the potatoes, corn, broth, celery, carrot and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables  are tender.
Add the milk, cheese, parsley and sausage. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Serves 6.

I probably should have doubled the recipe when I made it. We had it gone in no time! I regret that I didn't get a picture taken, it did look yummy. My excuse?? Oh, this is a sad one...I didn't feel like walking up the stairs to get the camera! LOL  I wanted to eat!

Hope you enjoy this soup! By the sounds of the weather tomorrow, it just might be a good soup day!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails