Thursday, August 23, 2012

Emily and I....A couple of Redneck Girls!


Emily & I have been learning how to ride my dads 4-wheeler (safely). Emily says I'm too slow driving it. Well....I guess that means I'm being careful!  I've never drove one of these before. My dad really enjoyed riding. He loved anything "outdoors". So, in some ways, riding is a comfort to me.

I have to admit...buzzing around the farm is really fun, and I kinda like getting some mud kicked up, too! :) 

Our reason for going to the hayfield was to take lunch & coffee to Al. He was busy mowing some hay. We are really behind on our hay, thanks to the drought earlier this summer.  But, with the recent rain, we should be able to get enough hay to get us through the winter.


We did a little goofing around with the camera while we waited for Al to make it around the hill. I remember when Emily was little and loved to smile pretty for the camera....now all I get from her is goofy faces...


Even Annie didn't want to look pretty for me...


Hope everyone has had a great week. My day off from the diner is tomorrow, so we're making a trip to our county fair! Emily is really hyped up about it, and hopefully she lets me get some nice pictures of her...without the silly faces! ;)

1 comment:

Amy said...

How fun! We love four wheeling! On the family property in Oklahoma it gets scary because it is mountainous (albeit small mountains) and rocky. I ride with Virgil and I fear being pitched off..still exciting though! Enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails