Thursday, February 28, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog.
I thought I would put this together since I have nothing else to do!
Actually, I seem to keep pretty busy. My husband and I have a dairy farm where we milk around 50 Jersey cows. I say around 50. Right now we are milking 29, it's winter, and we dry our cows off about 2 months before they have their babies, so they are not milking. Next month, I guess next month starts this Saturday, will be our busy month, we have almost 20 +/- cows due to calve (have their babies).

Also starting mid to late March we will start our newest challenge in making cheese. We made a few batches last August through October, but it was under the instruction of my mother-in-law. We did make two batches solo at the end of October, but thanks to my handy cell phone my mother-in-law was able to help us out.

We have a daughter, Emily, who will be 3 this coming May. She is full of energy, and keeps me busy enough without all the other stuff!

I cook and bake, a lot. That is why I find it necessary to have 100+ cookbooks. My favorites would have to be my Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks. I have a few that actually used recipes that I submitted.

Other than all that, it stays pretty laid back around here..... ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails