Monday, April 26, 2010

Showers of Blessings!

Today it was a rainy day. But we've needed the rain very much, so the song Showers of Blessings always comes to mind when we've been worried about our water situation, and along comes a good rain. As much as I love sunny days, those rainy days are comforting too. My first thought on a rainy day is to snuggle up and nap all day...but the reality is there is work to be done, even on days like this.

We pulled milk samples this morning, and took milk weights this morning and evening. Al is doing the evening milking, and I ran the lactometers on the milk samples from this morning. That took a good hour and a half. But it's done for April. Everything is washed up for May. Next step is to run the fat tests and put all the info into the cattle records. 

Wednesday will be our cheese make day for this week. Was going to be today, but the weather is so cool and rainy we felt we should hold off. Plus, I ordered some supplies on Friday, and they will most likely be here tomorrow. 

Had a wonderful day in church yesterday. And we had food and fellowship last night. Seems that food is always a enjoyable thing to share with everyone. Emily had a great time seeing her friends.

That will be my ramblings for the day...I'm not very creative lately. Will have to work on that. And get out and take some pictures.

Our article will be coming out this week in our local paper. We're looking forward to that. If I'm able to find it online, I'll put a link to it on here.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Renae,
Good luck w/the cheese making tomorrow. We're having a rainy/snowy spell here in NY. It's downright depressing. I know it's only April, but since we had a few of those teaser 80° days...it just makes this a bit harder. I've been in a terrible crafting funk myself. Blah. We'll just blame it on the weather, right?

Sending you hugs ~

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Hi Renae! Thank you for finding my blog and becoming a follower! I love adding new friends. Don't you just LOVE Gooseberry Patch? I have been a fan of theirs for so many years.

I grew up on a farm. My dad had a huge herd of Angus cattle so we didn't have all the dairy work that you have. He had a couple of dairy cows that I thought was fun to milk. He made butter and cottage cheese. I don't ever remember him making cheese though. Thanks for the memories!

Looking forward to following your blog, my new friend!

Unknown said...

Hi Renae! I've been absent from blog land for a bit and I'm glad to see you and your family are doing well! Can't wait to see more farm pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails