Sunday, February 8, 2009



I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted anything. I guess the week went by fast. Our ice and snow has finally went away, all except the patch of ice behind where we park our van. We call that our very own "skating rink". It will eventually melt, come July.

We picked up a new store this past week, and we are very excited about that! Had an inquiry this past Saturday from someone who has a friend opening up a new Restaurant and may be interested in using our cheeses. So, we are experiencing some "positive" moments this week. Yay!

Last Tuesday was the first day in almost a week I made it out to run errands. I was shipping out cheese when my cell phone rang. My friend asked if I wanted to head to Denny's to take advantage of their free Grand Slam breakfast. Yum! After waiting outside, in the cold for a few minutes, we got our free meal. It was very good, and the price was perfect. And it just felt good to get out for a bit, child free and have a grown up conversation! hehe..

I was working at our cheese house today, and have found that I can combine my love for photography into our business. I enjoy taking pictures of the cheese. Setting it up, making it look nice and such. On the good note, cheese won't wiggle around like children and pets! And it don't blink. Maybe something I can work on for the future.



Busy week planned here this coming week. We're getting ready for Federal inspection. They will be in sometime between now and March. This week we are painting the milk house. I know, painting in February doesn't sound like a usual thing to do, but our temps. are supposed to be in the 50's all week, and the painting is mostly inside. It's been a few years since we've painted the milk house, so it is due to be done. After that is done, we'll be getting the feed room cleaned out, it is always a wet mess after snow melts or after a big rain. I've also been currying the cows. Cleaning them up nice, not too hard of a job this time of year, they are starting to shed out for spring.

Now, I'm off to get some dinner planned out for tomorrow. I think we'll be having some chili with corn chips and cheese. That sounds like a yummy thing to put in the slow cooker in the morning.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, I'm so happy the cheese biz is booming! I'm really hoping to come by the farm when we are there the end of May.

Nicki Meier said...

Hey Renae!
Just seeing your blog now...don't know where on earth I have been!! :)
Looks great and I look forward to catching up with ya....

Related Posts with Thumbnails