Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pickin' Berries

The berries around our fields are just now getting ripe, and yummy! Looks like it will be a good berry year, even the blackberries are showing up, still very green, but in a few weeks we'll be getting those too. We took a walk yesterday to see what was ready, not too much, but it looks like in a couple of days or so, there will be a bunch! Now, if I can get to it before the wild turkeys eat them all!
Emily with a Blackeyed Susan, and ended
up licking the raspberry juice off of her lips!

Amber & Emily

Mmm...


Eating more than she put in the "take home" container!



A few berries, not many made it home!!





2 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Isn't that the best part of berrying?? Eating what should be in the bucket?? Have a great fourth!

Mardell said...

Oh my goodness ~ my favorite! Black Caps is what we call them. Have mercy...

They won't be ready for awhile here. My mom makes the best pie EVER! She usually makes me one for my b-day. No one else like them (what's up with that?) I pretty much eat the whole thing within the week.

Your pics of Ms. Em are soooo cute. Love 'em.

Related Posts with Thumbnails