Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Sunday morning for us is usually busy. Morning chores, getting showers, breakfast, rushing around getting ready for church.
That was my plan for this Sunday too, but Miss Emily was up most of the night with a fever and cough. I'm not feeling the best either, but I'm mom, so I am "grinning and bearing it". 
I actually feel rested this morning. Emily and I stayed in bed longer than usual. She brought some balloons that she was given into the bedroom, and we had a "sick day" party.  That involved making the balloons float above the air conditioner, throwing them around the room, and finally putting stickers on them. We also watched more episodes of Dora, Backyardigans and Max & Ruby than I can count. 

Earlier this week I picked out one cookbook to make my grocery list by, and also made my "Recipes to Try" list. I LOVE doing this.  Yesterday after coming home from the Marietta market, we loaded up in the van and went for groceries.  So, I'm anxious to pick out one of the recipes on my list to make for lunch. I'll be sure to take some pictures and post the recipe.

Our nephew, Martin went home yesterday. He was here for 2 weeks. We miss him, but we're so excited for him to be heading to college in another week! He is an awesome kid!




Not too much exciting really happening around the farm. This time of year is pretty much the usual work stuff. Al is trying to get the last hayfield baled for 1st cutting. We are so very late getting that done. But, the stuff looks to be pretty decent regardless.  After he finishes that field, we'll be starting on our 1st hayfield again for 2nd cutting. It's pretty much ready to go. Lots of 1st cutting hay bales need to be brought in to the barn before we can get 2nd cutting to far underway.  Hoping to get our pastures mowed before fall also. 

We'll be making a batch of cheese this Wednesday. We're making consistently, though, not as frequently as we had planned.  I should know better than to plan our schedule in March! I always say that our schedule is subject to change, and it usually does change!

I think Emily and I will mosey down to the barn, check on things there. Then make some lunch and maybe get some rest this afternoon. It's been a long time since we've taken a "slow day".  I think we'll enjoy it!

1 comment:

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Sorry you two haven't been well. Sometimes it's really good for our bodies and our souls to take a rest and enjoy the day in a lazy way!

Related Posts with Thumbnails