Thursday, September 24, 2009

2009 Barnesville Pumpkin Festival

You know that Fall is here when the Barnesville Pumpkin Festival is underway! We took a couple of hours today to spend there. Since I don't set up until tomorrow, we figured this would give us time together to enjoy it. When we're set up, someone stays at the table at all times. A lot of good food!! I love Kettle Corn, and of course the folks are there making it, and the smell is Heavenly! You can also find some good pumpkin bread, pumpkin fudge and buckeyes (candy). Not the best place for a diabetic to be nibbling, but I did control myself, I only had a couple chocolate chip cookies (homemade, mmmm...). Looks like tomorrow is going to be sunny! I'm glad, I hope that Saturday and Sunday will be, also, but it looks like rain those two days. I took a lot of pictures today!


A nice display on the porch at the vet office.

Some little pie pumpkins.

My favorite, Indian corn.



Silly faces!


Some goodies from the garden entered for judging.





A nice looking Farmall at the Antique tractor show.




Emily picked her a green tractor that she liked.




Some of the "smaller" pumpkins.



What a cute couple!

Emily and Daddy found a tractor,
it probably doesn't break down often!


Emily posing next to one of the runner-up pumpkins.
It's actually bigger than last years King Pumpkin!

"What are you pumpkins looking at??"

A family shot in front of the King Pumpkin.
A nice lady that works at the festival offered
to take the picture of all three of us. Our
first family shot in front of the pumpkins!




























2 comments:

Jenny said...

Renae, that Emily gets cuter every day! She is just a doll! Thanks for taking me along! I miss those kinds of things! Hugs and happy day to you!

Nicki Meier said...

What a great blog you have Renae! Emily is just a doll!! Love your pictures...nothing like living in a small town...so cozy and warm!

Related Posts with Thumbnails